Due to current timber harvesting activities on Boulder, Upper Iron Lotus and Upper Rednecks Revenge trails are closed at this time (7 days a week). Due to the late spring, harvesting is behind schedule, so falling will occur on weekends as well. Harvesting is planned to be completed in 4 weeks. The use of radios on the logging road is mandatory from Mon – Fri if accessing ANY of the Boulder trails. Please pass this message on to friends and fellow riders as it is a matter of safety.
The following is the radio communication protocol to be used:
- The frequency is posted at the bottom of the road. It is “Kicking Horse” frequency 153.32
- LISTEN for oncoming traffic
- When driving up call odd km numbers “starting up Boulder FSR”… “Boulder UP 1km”, “Boulder up 3km” etc.
- When coming down call even numbers “Boulder Down 4km”… “Boulder Down 2km”… etc.
- Logging trucks always have the right of way. Give them lots of space. If you hear someone coming down, find a pull out and pull over about 1km in advance and wait for them to come by. Logging trucks require the entire road width and cannot stop easily
- Vehicles going up must always yield to vehicles coming down