Stella-Jones Logging Company has informed the RCA that they are planning to start logging again on Frisby in the fall/early winter of 2015. Please watch this website for updates.
Starting in 2010, many volunteers and community partners worked with the RCA to develop a sanctioned trail network at Boulder Mountain. To date there are 8 DH trails on Boulder and another on Frisby Ridge. If you’re interested in trail building or just getting involved, drop us an email or send us a message on Facebook!
Access: Boulder is accessed from the Westside Rd. From Revelstoke, head west on the Trans Canada highway #1. Turn right at the lights on Westside Rd, travel ~3km. Turn Left on Jordan FSR, just past the Revelstoke Landfill. The parking lot for these trails is on the left just after you cross over the Jordan River. This is where you can leave a retrieval vehicle and where the majority of trails terminate.
Trails to ride:
- Loggin’ Leftovers – Blue – Starts from a spur road at the 5km corner on the Jordan FSR. Park on the spur road and pedal a short distance. You will see the trail start in the cutblock on the left. This trail has a few crossings that are marked with signs. The trail crosses the power-line where you will come to a fork – stay straight for Loggin’ Leftovers or right to the Boondocker (black).
- Gravy Bacon –Black Diamond – Starts ~300m before the 5km corner on the Jordan FSR. Cross the powerline and stay straight at the junction to finish on the Boondocker or head left for Loggin’ Leftovers. There are built structures on this trail (double black diamond) – check ‘em before you ride ‘em!
- Lower Bike Club trail – Blue – This trail starts close to the first road crossing on Loggin’ Leftovers. The trail starts between Boondocker and Loggin’ Leftovers. It is a short section of trail that finishes at the power-line where you can connect to Loggin’ Leftovers or Boondocker.
- Upper Bike Club trail– Double Black Diamond – This trail can be accessed from two locations – From the 2100 Spur Rd (approx. 5.5km on Jordan FSR) or from the 2500 Spur Rd (approx. 7.5km on Jordan FSR). From the 2100 Spur Rd, follow for about 2km and look for a sign post and trail on the left. If you hit a new cutblock, you’ve gone too far! From the 2500 Spur Rd, bike or drive past the trail-head for the Boondocker, the road will climb slightly – stay left and look for a sign post on the left.
- Boondocker – Black Diamond – Drive to 2500 Spur Rd at 7.5km on the Jordan FSR. Park down the spur road at the landing. The trail starts about 200m from the junction of the spur road, watch for it on the left. At the 1st and 3rd crossing, turn right (uphill) and look for the trail on the left. Cross the powerline and stay straight (or left to Loggin’ Leftovers) – this trail has a blue and black line to finish before bringing you back to the top of the new dirt jumps. Follow Home Run trail back to the parking log.
- Rednecks Revenge – Black Diamond – Drive to 9.5km on the Jordan FSR, look for the spur road on the left. The trail starts on the left about 400m from the road junction. This trail has one road crossing, walk uphill about 50m and the trail starts again in the cutblock on the left. This trail ends on the powerline – stay left to ride back to Loggin’ Leftovers and the parking lot or make your way down towards Cash Advance for a spicy ride down to West Side Road.
- Snakes n’ Ladders – Black Diamond – this trail splits left off of Rednecks, crosses a road and continues down the other side for a short distance before joining Rednecks.
- Cash Advance can be accessed via Rednecks Revenge or by from an old logging road off the TransCanada west highway. Park the retrieval vehicle by the bridge on the Westside Rd that crosses the Jordan River or bike back to town. This trail is Double Black diamond.
- Iron Lotus – This trail starts a little past Rednecks Revenge and is a steep and loamy downhill classic.
- Tall Timber – Stiuated between Gravy Bacon and Boondocker around 4.5km and is a short technical downhill trail.