Please note: Although the RCA highly recommends this trail for an awesome hike/bike adventure, we do not manage this trail. This is a Revelstoke area trail and is managed by Recreation Sites & Trails BC.
Distance: 17 km return to the lookout.
Description: Some recent work has been done to this trail but, lots of work still needs to be done. The trail leads to the renovated fire lookout. This is an ‘epic’ bikeable trail which has become very popular in the last couple of years. This trail is mostly “Hike-a-Bike” but many sections can be climbed by strong riders.
Directions: Drive east along the Trans Canada Highway. Just past Three Valley Gap Resort look for the Wap FSR. Reset the odometer at the start of the Wap FSR. Turn left off the Wap FSR at 4.7 km. Follow this road to the trailhead. There are a few forks along the way so best to punch in the GPS waypoints.
- Wap FSR: N50 55.906 W118 28.916
- Joss Mountain east approach turn off Wap FSR: N50 53.677 W118 29.242
- Joss Mountain east approach trailhead: N50 50.354 W118 24.829
- Joss Mountain and Joss Pass junction: N50 49.655 W118 24.581
- Joss Mountain and Tsuius Mountain Trail: N50 48.790 W118 24.823
- Joss Mountain Lookout: N50 49.842 W118 27.252