Come out for the Revelstoke Cycling Association’s Great Big Poker Ride on Saturday, October 5!
There are stops on all of our networks: Macpherson, Boulder, Frisby, and Sunnyside. The more stops you visit, the more cards you collect, the greater chances you have of winning. Check out the map below for the complete list:
Prizes include a mountain bike season pass at Revelstoke Mountain Resort, a heli-bike trip courtesy Wandering Wheels, and much more courtesy Tantrum, Flowt and Skookum.
Here’s how the day will go:
- There is no official start time. Gather your friends and head out on your bikes (or feet)
- If you want, stop by the farmers market to say hi. We’ll be there promoting the ride.
- Get the list of stops.
- Pick your poison – shuttle or pedal on Frisby and Boulder, or ride up and down and around Macpherson and Sunnyside.
- When you reach a stop, take a selfie (or get a friend to take a photo of you). Make sure the photo clearly identifies where you are.
- Come to the River City Pub from 6-8 p.m. and pay your $10 registration fee.
- Our judges will review your selfies and give out your cards. The more stops you hit, the more cards you get.
- Go through your cards and select your best poker hand. We’ll write it down and put the cards back in the deck for the next person.
- Wait to find out if you won. We’ll be announcing the winners in the front room of the River City Pub at 8.
- Drink up, because 20% of all Mt. Begbie beer sales go to the RCA!
- Stick around for the after-party with Catnado & the Subaneers.
Thank you to the following businesses for supporting this fundraiser: