Grab your bikes and hit the trails, we’re rolling out our Pandemic Pedal Virtual Fiver Ride Series .
Every 1-2 weeks we’ll be releasing a different course on Trailforks as a ride badge. Obtain each week’s Trailforks badge by recording and completing the marked course within the week. Completion of the full course will enter your name into a random draw prize. Keep in mind that these rides are NOT meant to be ridden as race courses; please continue to follow all trail use etiquette and Covid-19 guidelines.
Here’s how to participate:
1) Make sure you have a 2020 RCA membership.
2) Download the Trailforks app to your phone, if you don’t already have it.
3) Pay the Fiver ride fee by making a donation through the RCA website (see above menu) or the Trail Karma feature on the Trailforks app (OPTIONAL $5 entry that goes back to the RCA)
4) Check out the current week’s badge info at: https://www.trailforks.com/region/revelstoke/badges/. Addtional details will be posted on the RCA Facebook page.
5) Record your ride using the Trailforks app, or upload your Strava ride to Trailforks.
Pandemic Pedal Virtual Fiver FAQ’s
1) How do I make the $5 donation entry fee?
You have two options: Either through the Trail Karma feature on the Trailforks app, or by using the ‘DONATE’ link at the top of this page.
2) How do I record a ride?
If you currently use Strava to record, there should be a setting to sync your ride to Trailforks in which case it should upload automatically. If you don’t use Strava, open the Trailforks app and click the yellow arrow button at the top of the map screen, which will give you the option to start recording your ride. Your badge will be automatically awarded once you complete the course.
3) Does the course have to be completed within one ride?
No, you can ride the course segments throughout the week.