**THIS IS A CONTACT-FREE & PHYSICALLY DISTANCED ACTIVITY**
Dust those bikes off, the Easter Bunny is coming to town! Find all the eggs hidden around town and you’ll be entered to win some sweet prizes, provided by Skookum Cycle & Ski Revelstoke.
Starting on Easter Sunday (April 12), we are running a week-long, scavenger hunt style Easter egg hunt by bicycle. There will be two different courses set up, one as a family-friendly short course within town, and another as a longer, road riding challenge. You are welcome to complete the course over several days, in order to allow for social distancing to take place.
In both courses, participants will be asked to pedal their way to 6 stations, with an “egg” located at each station. Using your phone, take a selfie at each station with the egg in the background, and upload them on to Instagram with the hashtag #revybunnyhop
You have until Sunday, April 19 at 6PM to find all the eggs and upload your photos. Each photo uploaded with the hashtag gives you one entry into the prize draw. A maximum of six entries from each user is allowed, and they must all be from the same course. (Exceptions will be made for parents riding with kids in the town course who also do the road challenge separately.)
Clues for the Easter Egg locations will be released on Sunday, April 12 at 10AM. The hunt ends on the following Sunday, April 19 at 6PM.
Rules of the activity:
– All participants must have a 2020 RCA membership (register at: www.bikerevelstoke.org/membership/)
– Bikes must be used as the only means of transportation
– Submit Easter egg selfies on Instagram ONLY, with the hashtag #revybunnyhop in your photo caption (we need this in order for us to keep track of all photo submissions)
– Follow current social distancing directives as issued by the provincial health authority. This means that only members of the same households can ride together. Non-household members must stay a minimum of 2 metres apart, though more is better. For more info on preventing the transmission of COVID-19 see: bccdc.ca/covid19
The TOWN TOUR Course
1) A bike shop you can find just a hop, skip and step away from Revelstoke’s famous bears.
2) This bike shop shares its name with a trail that’s been known to raise a rider’s temper.
3) Another bike shop where you might find a cushy ride that’ll make you feel like you’re floating right over those rocks and roots.
4) School is out at this old place where you might find a lesson or two in distilling.
5) You can zip down a waterslide or float down a lazy river, even in the middle of winter at this communal location.
6) If you’re feeling bored you can skate at this park where there’s no sign of ice, but there’s plenty of concrete. (Egg is located by parking area.)
The ROAD RIDE Course
1) The first place you would go to start riding trails early in the season on the west side. (Watch out for dog poop here!)
2) Where you would park to head up to Frisby for some winter braaap.
3) A popular beach and lakeside campground at the end of a techy downhill trail.
4) A place for a watery launch off at the 8.0467 km mark.
5) An easy place to access the flats along Airport Way, 10 km from the famous bears.
6) Where Camozzi meets Mountain. (Look behind a signpost)
Please note: ALL “eggs” are road accessible, you do NOT have to enter any closed areas to complete either of the courses.