Class 1 e-bikes (pedal assist) are welcome on RCA trails on Boulder Mountain (downhill only), the Sunnyside network, and the Macpherson network. Class 2 and 3 e-bikes are not permitted on any RCA trails. This is according to the new e-bike policy released by Recreation Sites & Trails BC in late April, 2019, which allows Class 1 e-bikes on most recreation trails.
There are many other places you can ride your e-bike in Revelstoke that are not on RCA-managed trails including:
- Mount Revelstoke and Glacier National Parks: All trails designated as bike trails in both National Parks can be ridden on pedal-assist bikes (Class 1). These include:
- Mount Revelstoke Trail (railway museum to the bike park)
- 2K and 5K Soren Sorensen Trails
- Highway 23 Connector Trail
- Beaver Valley Trail as far as the Grizzly Creek Bridge
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort: The Stoke Climb, Greeley Trail, and Fifty Six Twenty, as well as all future trails built by the resort.
- The Revy Riders dirt bike trails, which are all designated for motorized use. Note: Trail fees in effect!